Greater Building Society
The Greater Building Society started its time as the Greater Newcastle Permanent
Building Society in 1945.
 
Greater Building Society Time Line
1945
The Greater Newcastle Co-operative Permanent Building and Investment Society.
1968
First branch outside of the Hunter region in the Central Coast at Gosford.
1972
First branch in the outer Western Suburbs of Sydney at Penrith.
1973
First branch opens in the Illawarra region at Warrawong.
1980
One branch opens in the North Coast at Ballina, one in the Mid North Coast at Coffs Harbour and one in
the New Engand Region at Gunnedah.
1993
Newcastle is dropped from the name become the Greater Building Society.
1998
The Mitchell Building Society Merged into the Greater Building Society.
2011
The Mitchell Building Society Merged into the Greater Building Society.